Kigali Hope Organization (KHO) is a youth civil society organization whose members and beneficiaries are young people living with HIV. The organization is registered by Rwanda Governance Board (RGB) and the registration number is 466/RGB/NGO/12/2018. KHO is the only network of young people living with HIV in Rwanda.
KHO Strategic Plan’s focus rests on the following long term goals: Reduce New HIV Infections among Youths in Rwanda, AIDS Impact Mitigation, Human Rights Promotion, Advocacy and Social Welfare, Capacity Building and Organizational Development. KHO has been and is still a unique youth led organization at the front of fighting against HIV and human rights promotion, advocacy and social welfare of young people living with HIV in Rwanda. As a result KHO is a global fund youth community board member here in Rwanda.
Vision of the Organization
Kigali Hope Association’s vision is to see a nation where youth infected and affected by HIV are at the frontline in HIV response, their rights are recognized, their involvement in HIV and AIDS prevention, care and support meaningfully respected to enable them to contribute towards an HIV-free generation.
Mission of the Organization
Improve lives of young people infected and affected with HIV through advocacy, primary prevention, positive prevention and HIV & AIDS impact mitigation as well as deliver the place where every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Objectives of the Organization
Kigali Hope Organization (KHO) has the following objectives:
1. To advocate for the rights and welfare of young people living with HIV.
2. To reduce new HIV infections among young people through empowerment and psychosocial supports.
3. To educate HIV positive adolescents and young people on the benefits of positive prevention.
4. To strengthen the social and economic status of youth so they can take an active role in development.
5. To enhance primary prevention and sexual reproductive health education among young people.
6. To promote gender equality and positive attitudes towards non-violence practices among young people in Rwanda.