The vision of the Rwanda Education Board is to improve the quality of basic education through curriculum development, development and management of teachers, assessment, and promotion of the use of information and communication technology in education.
Its mission is to fast track basic education development in Rwanda by designing and delivering high quality free 12 years of basic education for all children of school going age.
Its responsibilities include:
- Contribute to determining education policy
- Coordinate and fast track education programmes and activities aimed at providing all categories of Rwandans a qualitative education
- Design and distribute curricula, teaching materials, guides, methodologies and establish teaching methods for nursery, primary secondary, specialized schools and adult literacy education in accordance with the current educational development
- Promote the use of information and communication technology in education
- Coordinate programs and activities aimed at developing teachers, building their capacities and improving their management
- Establish regulations determining how national examinations are conducted in various levels of education, except in vocational and technical training and in higher learning institutions
- Cooperate and collaborate with other regional and international institutions having similar responsibilities
- Advise Government on all activities which can fast track education development in Rwanda